Having your Amazon account suspended can be one of the worst feelings you can imagine. You no longer are making money, you no longer can move your inventory, and your money is tied up in Amazon’s system for 90 days until it is released to your bank account. This can really ruin your financial situation.
In previous posts, we have discussed different types of violations for account suspension but today we will discuss the process of appealing your suspended account. It is important that you pay attention to the emails that Amazon sends you when you first lose your selling privileges. These will contain the information you need to construct your Amazon appeals letter.
Your last chance once your account has been suspended is the appeals letter. You file it through the “Performance Notifications” page on SellerCentral (Under “Performance”). What we have learned from working with our many clients is that most people are horrible at writing detailed and structured letters. When we ask our customers for the letters they tried sending Amazon with no success and compared them to our professionally written ones, we saw a night and day difference.
Many Amazon seller’s letters display massive frustration, anxiousness, and denial. In this mind state most are incapable of putting on their Amazon thinking hats and writing what Amazon wants to hear. If you find yourself in this situation and you feel confident in your abilities to write the appeals letter, we suggest you have a friend or a colleague look over your letter before you press the send button on your email.
Below, we have highlighted a few things Amazon wants to hear from you in your appeals letter:
- You are totally committed to the customer experience and will do everything to fix this issue so the customer will have an excellent experience with you.
- You want to be a good selling partner to Amazon.
- You recognize the customer belongs to Amazon.
- You were confused or didn’t understand what was expected of you.
- You are sorry. You have a plan to fix the problem. (This one is important!)
- Said plan needs to be clear (short bullets are good) and somehow measurable or track-able by Amazon.
- Promising to do better is not enough.
- Things you have already done to address the issue.
- Be proactive. A request for Amazon’s help/clarification/whatever. This is important because it helps establish your sincerity, humbleness and willingness to change.
Now that you have an understanding what is required of you during the Amazon appeals process, time is of essence. The longer you wait to appeal the first notification, the longer you get buried by Amazon. If you are looking for immediate help then we highly suggest you use our Amazon appeals letter service. We will work with you directly, go through your account, and address all policy violations that you have done. Our full service plan is not for everyone, but if Amazon is your livelihood then we suggest you contact us immediately for help.
We look forward to getting your account back active and prevent you from having your Amazon seller account suspended again.